A Travellerspoint blog

DON'T PANIC

Now we're panicking........

sunny

Good News: We've booked our tickets !
Bad News: We now have no money, no immunity to any diseases, no visas and no travel insurance !

I booked our tickets with STA Travel last week - exciting! But also scary.

We are leaving on the 31st of May which is just over 6 weeks away and there's SO much to organise which we hadn't really realised the urgency of until now !

Shane (screw the codenames i can't remember what they were anyway!) has got to renew his passport which takes about 3 weeks to get back to us - which mean we're going to have to get all our visas while we're over there in various cities that we will be at. Which means we'll have to stay in Bangkok for at least 4 days to wait for our visas to be ready.

I've been doing so much research and organising that everything is falling out of my head and I have a large headache and neckache from looking at my laptop for too long. : (

I know Laos and Cambodian visas are available at the borders but Vietnamese and Indian visas will need to be sorted out in Bangkok or Vientiane or somewhere !

Also we've realised the massive expense of travel immunisations....I've just had my Hep A booster and Thyphoid injection today (owie, but at least I didn't faint this time!) which are free but We have to have a Rabies course which is 4 injections costing £110 for the whole course, then there's Hep B which is £66 for the course of 3 injections and we don't have to have the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine but it's recommended for the areas and the season we are travelling in and for the length of time we will be there (s.e asia & india, wet season, 3 months) and after researching it, I REALLY don't want to get it ! So I want to get the vaccine but once Shane found out it was going to be £120 for the full course plus having to go to and from Bristol 3 times in the next 6 weeks....he wasn't so keen!

In total for both of us the vaccines are going to come to £472 !!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous !! But how gutted would we be if one of us ended up getting it but we had decided not to spend an extra few hundred quid for the sake of our lives !?

Anyway the jury is still out on that one. I suppose it depends on how much money we can get in the next 6 weeks........

We're selling my car and Shane is working weekends doing extra work aswell as his normal job but I only have a part time job which means less money but I suppose it gives me time to organise stuff because if I was working full time aswell I don't know how we would have the time to sort out everything.

I better go (off to do some extra babysitting!) because I have a gigantic headache.....aaarrrrg.

Posted by pixiella 09:27 Archived in England Tagged preparation

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint